Thursday, October 2, 2008

Staging Freight


One of the biggest time savers in terms of getting things off and running with your I&D crew is staging freight around your booth. That is, arranging the crates with your exhibit packed in them for optimum use around the empty space.

I was fortunate enough at this show (the NACS show in Chicago for Retalix) to arrive early enough to meet the driver and work with the forklift driver. As the crates came off the truck, we spotted them around the empty floor space. I got to my "cage" first and that allowed me to get drawings, cables and other early-need items. The rest (carpet & pad, hanging sign, first cabinets) were then arranged as to sequential need.

A side benefit was that the booth space was "walled off" from the adjacent aisle and kept other forklift drivers from crossing the space.

We start installation today.

Lesson learned: control your space and freight to save time and retain control.

TTSG

No comments: