While I could just as easily had the cables lay down next to electrical cables, the CAT 5's were needed in specific places. Several rules are to be applied in this process:
- Have a clear map of where cables are to go.
- Label each cable on each end (1A, 2B, et al).
- Run redundant cables in case of failure.
- Tape the cable flat to the floor so that are flat under the pad.
- Lay the pad directly over the cables. Notch if they are too bulky.
- Be sure and pull all cables through the pad and carpet as it is cut.
- Be sure and pass all cable ends through cabinet access holes.