When you first show up, a quick visit to the site and your space can put at ease and get you started.
I usually arrive mid- to late-afternoon the day before we are scheduled to start set up. Some of the things I do, if I have time are:
- Confirm electrical order and/or placement
- Make sure a hanging sign is in place or ready to be hung
- Spot freight for easy installation or confirm freight is to be unloaded
- If the service center is open, check n your orders
- Check out the hall location with reference to the hotel and meeting rooms
- Pick up or change badges
- Say hello to the association staff and get an schedule changes
There are other things. But the fact you are there early gives you a slight edge to your start of work on Day 1.