Starbucks is a natural. So is Kinko's (or is it FedEx Kinko's or FedEx Office?). Here is a list of my favorite places to stop between tasks at a show and work on my laptop or return calls:
- Starbucks, across from Mosconi Center in San Francisco.
- Kinko's on Paradise Road, Las Vegas (has a Starbucks attached)
- The sports bar in the Gaylord Opryland.
- The Kinko's inside the Orange County (Orlando) CC.
- Cadillac Ranch, West End, Dallas.
- Coffee Shop/bar in the Chicago Hyatt-McCormick lobby.
- The food court in the basement of Javits Center, New York City.
There are probably criteria for why you choose these places:
- Proximity to where you are stationed
- Wi-Fi service
- What they serve
- Quiet or atmosphere
- Meeting space
While it isn't always fun to be on the road, finding a short-term, workable temp offices is a haven for your time away.